Payroll can be complicated and time-consuming. There is also a possibility of making mistakes that can result in an employee being under or overpaid. Luckily, there is a number of online and desktop software solutions that can simplify the process. They can generate paychecks or direct deposits, create historical payment reports, and ensure tax compliance regulations are met.
Intuit offers bookkeeping and payroll solutions that fully integrate. In QuickBooks Desktop, users can activate QuickBooks Payroll Services, a subscription that enables payroll features. Intuit offers two versions of payroll service: a QuickBooks Payroll for desktop and an online version. Both systems provide a way to easily manage payroll and pay employees without much hassle and on time.
How to Use Easy QuickBooks Payroll Services: Tutorial
Running payroll on both online and desktop versions is simple, straightforward and does not take much time. Before the payroll feature is activated, you have to sign up with the service. Your next step is to go through set-up.
If you require assistance with QuickBooks, just look up QuickBooks Payroll email, phone, and other contact information on its official website, and their customer support specialists will point you in the right direction. Then, you can start working with payroll items, such as payroll taxes, uniforms, mileage reimbursement, and health benefits.
Your next step will be to set up and manage employee information in the Employees Center. It is very similar to Vendor and Customer Centers, so you should not have trouble navigating it. If any of these steps look confusing, you can also look up the QuickBooks Payroll tutorial on a topic that interests you.
QuickBooks Payroll Online — Price of Service
Intuit offers three separate QuickBooks Payroll pricing plans to meet the different needs of businesses of all sizes.
The first plan includes only the basic features that meet the requirements of most small businesses. These include the ability to create paychecks, direct deposits for 1099 contractors and employees, and workers’ compensation payment service. Employees will also have round-the-clock access to their own paycheck information. Employers will benefit from email subscriptions and free expert support.
The second plan adds features such as automatically filled federal forms (W-2, 94x Forms, 1099/1096 Form, etc.) and the ability to print them.
- Enhanced/Enhanced for Accountants
With the third QuickBooks full-service payroll package, Intuit sets up, runs, and records your payroll and taxes for you. Also, you can e-file federal and state forms in QuickBooks Payroll – e-file 941, 940, 944, and other forms. Another feature in QuickBooks Payroll – e-file W2 forms is appreciated by many. Federal and state tax payments can also be set to e-pay, and you get a tax penalty protection.
QuickBooks Payroll Desktop: Features and Benefits
QuickBooks Payroll comes with an extensive list of features and benefits. Although features vary depending on the plan you choose, QuickBooks will likely be able to offer everything you might look for.
- Availability in all 50 US states;
- T-Sheet software – QuickBooks Payroll T-sheets is an employee time tracking software that will make payroll even simpler and accurate time tracking easy. Employee scheduling, PTO management, GPS tracking, and clock-in reminders are all included in this software.
- Unlimited payroll – you can generate as many paychecks for your employees as you need and all you need to do is just enter the hours;
- Payroll taxes – the payroll tax deductions done accurately and calculated automatically. No more manual filling of state and federal taxes, and in some plans, QuickBooks will even process payments;
- Automatic payroll – payroll calculations can be automated, and the system will produce detailed reports. Moreover, no information needs to be manually input, which saves a significant amount of time. It also drastically reduces the possibility of mistakes;
- Direct-deposits – same or next-day direct deposits are a very convenient feature that allows you to save not only paper but also time. In addition, your employees will also be thankful;
- Benefits and garnishments management.
User Reviews of QuickBooks Payroll Services
“Quickbooks Payroll has been easy to use. We just recently started using Quickbooks for payroll. If I would have known how easy it was, I would have switched a long time ago. The software is extremely user friendly. I love the simplicity of it. When I have an issue, chatting online instantly is amazing.”
“If you use Quickbooks Desktop, and have employees, Payroll for Quickbooks Desktop is a must have. New payroll tax rates, forms, and topics are available for download frequently. I feel like we are always up to date and in compliance. All withholdings are automatically calculated and deducted from employees’ paychecks. All liabilities are tracked on the payroll page, showing the date the remittance is due and the amount that is due. It is also easy to run reports of the liabilities due, along with other payroll data. Lastly, paying employees with direct deposit is very easy and accessible.”
“I would recommend this service to other businesses. This software is very easy to use and has all the options we need for tracking deductions, types of pay, vacation accruals, 401K, flexplan deductions, etc. Saves time and prevents errors.”
“I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop Quickbooks, the integration of both together has made my life easier!”